Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Hair is more important than it should be.

My eyebrows and eyelashes, nose hair, arm hair, hair that needs shaving...ugh...it's all coming back. 

I have just about 1/4" of hair on my head, but it was freaking me out a little because it was mostly grey.  So I was sure that coloring my hair back to the color it was for the last 20 years would solve everything.

I've known Trish, my hairstylist, for more than 20 years.  She said she'd never seen me worried/freaking/concerned about my hair the way I was today. 

So it's colored.  And now I have to get used to how I look...again.  I've had to do that so many times in the past 6 months.  I just want to get back to looking like myself.  Not there yet, but getting there.  I think, sometimes, I look like an old man.  Who's that old man in the mirror?  Shoot - it's me.  LOL

So - although I'm not used to how I look, and I'm not 100% sure I look right, I'm going hatless and just going forward.  I'm a chemo survivor.  Get over it, those of you who are looking at me with "that look." Then - maybe I'll get over it, too.  HAH


No comments:

Post a Comment

So 2019 is almost over...

And my medical magical mystery tour is behind me.  (You might be too young to get that reference!) My PET scan showed a funny thing on my ...