I can't remember what I've explained, so I'll explain. Nadir means "the lowest point." In my case it means the time when my blood levels reach their lowest point. That's today. And, as expected, they are super low. No surprise.
This round of chemo has been harder than the last in terms of recovery. Again - expected - but that doesn't make it any easier to get through in the moment. Lots of bad days. Lots of difficult side effects. Terrible muscle cramping. Terrible indigestion/heartburn. Headaches. Breathlessness that causes coughing just from talking for a few minutes or walking across the room. Lots of tears. Plenty of feeling sorry for myself. Today I've turned the corner and just feel tired. At last, "just tired" is awesome.
On Saturday evening my temperature hit the 100.4 benchmark. At that point you have to call the Doctor. Lucky for me, my own Dr was on call. He called me back and said that I should just start antibiotics right away. We are REALLY trying to avoid a trip to the ER. Talk about germs.... No way I want to end up there. Today "my" NP said that next time I'll just get on the antibiotics and we won't wait for a reason. Next time.. LAST TIME!
You'll be happy to know (I'm sure you've been worried about it LOL) that Robbie has settled comfortably into life with one afternoon nap. Life is much easier for all now, but especially him. He's back to his usual happy and chill self. I'm happy to be back to feeling well enough to enjoy his company fully. I will enjoy these next days with him, knowing that next week will bring another treatment with another 10-12 days of recovery. FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!
Funny thing about certain side effects of chemo. Some people lose all of their hair - everywhere. For some people their nails stop growing. My fingernails are still growing but my toenails seem to have stopped growing. Some of my hair is gone totally, some partially. I've lost of a lot of my eyelashes and eyebrows and almost all of the hair on my head, but not all. Some of the hair I've lost could stay gone forever and I wouldn't be sad. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for all of it to grow back. I am sick and tired of hats (only wear them in public) and once I have an inch of hair on my head, I'll ditch the hats for good. And good riddance - they're hot!
That's it for today. Next update....I hope it'll be once it's behind me and only recovery left to go.
Monday, May 6, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So 2019 is almost over...
And my medical magical mystery tour is behind me. (You might be too young to get that reference!) My PET scan showed a funny thing on my ...
-
I was heading into today with some dread, and not just because of the recovery I know I'm facing. I can handle that. Not fun, but I ca...
-
Well, it's actually just a power port. But it feels better to say SUPER POWER!!! (And obviously it must be all caps.) Thanks to my de...
-
My mother had myelofibrosis (a blood disorder) and my father had lymphoma (large cell, which is scarier than my version). I have lymphoma. ...
looking forward to what your hair will look like!
ReplyDelete