Friday, February 15, 2019

GOODBYE HAIR!!

I'm just going to go on the record that I had the best possible experience having my hair buzzed.

But leading to that - today was hair buzzing day.  For two nights my scalp has been hurting.  I'd read that it can mean the hair is about to come out.  Today's the day it decided to do so.  Annoying.  I took a shower and it was just everywhere.  Time for it to go.

So this evening Uzias got out his buzzer and took it down to SHORT (and gray!!!).  I wasn't feeling emotional about it, but I know everyone else was.  But when it all started, Robinson found the buzzer to be hysterical.  And he just laughed and laughed throughout the whole thing.  And so we were all laughing.  How could you not?  I'll attach the video below.  And I have to say - I wish everyone had a Therapy Baby to get them through this step of the chemo journey.  But I'm not letting anyone borrow MY Therapy Baby.  HAHA

Then Meghan applied my first little temporary tattoo opposite my port.  And now I'm happy with that.

Everyone in the family has been feeling that this is the last shoe to drop - the hair loss.  But honestly - I'm feeling fine (thank GOD) and don't look at myself often, so it's harder on them.  Tim was honest enough to mention that he can tell himself everything's ok if he doesn't have a visual reminder.  The baldness is a visual reminder for all of them.  For me - I'm not very vain, and it was hurting and annoying me, so I'm happy to be rid of it.  I'm sure in June I'll be wishing it would hurry up and grow back.  But for now, I'm over it.








4 comments:

So 2019 is almost over...

And my medical magical mystery tour is behind me.  (You might be too young to get that reference!) My PET scan showed a funny thing on my ...