Monday, February 25, 2019

Eeyore Days

It's just going to happen.  I will have some Eeyore days.  I'm an optimist.  Eeyore days aren't something I generally embrace.  But I'm determined to embrace them when they come, and allow myself the experience.

I'm a strong person.  I also cry at commercials.  Those two things can coexist (and do, in me).  But I generally don't wallow.   I'd say I've had a couple of mornings where I've just wallowed and cried.  At first I was trying to tell myself to get over it, and stay strong, and all of that crap.  Then I decided that I need to allow myself to feel every emotion that comes my way through this process.  Still...yesterday morning...when it hit me...I felt I needed to apologize to Michael for the tears.  He told me to stop apologizing (which was hard). 

Meanwhile, I am also working really hard at just accepting that I'm not as strong as I always have been.  I get tired.  I don't feel 100%.  I suspect you're thinking "No duh."  But it doesn't come easily to me.  So when I said that maybe Meghan and Robbie shouldn't come over tonight, I felt awful about it (and apologized).  Need to work on that, too!

(I have a sneaking suspicion that the prednisone is affecting my moods.  Both of my Eeyore days have come mid-prednisone.  I'm going to track this going forward, and then I'll have something to blame....other than the fact that I have cancer and am going through chemo.  LOL)

I'm embracing my dark side.  HAHAHA


3 comments:

  1. You are on a ride you can’t control. The good news is it will end and you will get back to normal - well, your normal. 😜 ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeyore days are ok once in a while. You are an incredibly unique & amazing woman, & the treatment must be so hard on your body that in order for it to destroy the cancer, it drains your energy. So cry if you need to my friend. Your spirit will remain strong. I am sorry you are going through this. But as you said, you are halfway there. I am praying for you each day. Looking forward to seeing you as a redhead! You've got a lot of living to do💖🙏

    ReplyDelete

So 2019 is almost over...

And my medical magical mystery tour is behind me.  (You might be too young to get that reference!) My PET scan showed a funny thing on my ...