Wednesday, January 30, 2019

You know what happens when you make plans?

God laughs.

He's laughing today at me, and how I thought I was all in control.

Got to chemo and everything started out just fine.  1 hour into the Rituxan infusion, my throat was tickly.  Then my ears started.  A little coughing, and finally Nancy reported me to the nurse. Allergic reaction.  6 people descended.  SIX.  One with a crash cart.  One was a PICU nurse (I'm pediatric?) The NP in charge.  The nurse taking care of me today, and a new nurse, who was shadowing her.  One taking vitals.   They unhooked the Rituxan, gave me a bunch of Bendryl, fluids, and I sat for 30 minutes.  The ear itching went away quickly  The throat took about 15-20 minutes.

So they started again.  This time I lasted 1.5 hours and the throat was itchy.  Then when I was convincing Nancy not to report me,  I started to get flushed on my face.

Back they come - 6 of them.   Same procedure, only this time....I have to go home.  Try again on Tuesday after taking Prednisone for 5 days prior to prepare.

I am extremely disappointed.  I had everything all planned for most of the treatments.  Babysitting, Chemo Buddy, EVERYTHING.

Nancy's heading back to Boston and then coming back again on Monday.  I'm feeling guilty about so much, right now.  Not my most sparkly day.

Today was supposed to be 16.7% complete day.  Now it's nothing.  UGH.


And now - another new plan.  They want me to go in tomorrow for the chemo portion of the meds.  I'll be happy to get that behind me.  Still doing Rituxan part next Tuesday after prepping with steroids to ward off allergic reaction.  I'm happy to get this part done, at least.  Nancy's staying.  We do this to her a lot.  Last time was my surgery and then Uzi broke his wrist and she stayed an extra day.  HAHA  Or...is she bad luck?  ;)


2 comments:

So 2019 is almost over...

And my medical magical mystery tour is behind me.  (You might be too young to get that reference!) My PET scan showed a funny thing on my ...